My hardware/software setup
Elements of my setup that have enhanced my productivity and efficiency, from hardware to software.
Hello there! In this post, I want to share with you the tools that I have been using on my workflow and helped me become more productive and efficient. This is a always evolving post, so I'll try to keep track of what has changed through the years and why. Inspired by Wes Bos's uses.tech.
- Visual Studio code. My main app for software development and anything related. My VSCode configuration in terms on theme, font and extensions changes a lot dependending on what I've been studying/doing lately. Here's my current setup:
- Editor font: Input. It doesn't support font ligatures but it's something that I've stopped using lately, since it confuses some explanations on my classes (arrow functions, for example).
- Theme: Aura Soft Dark (Soft Text)
- Extensions: CodeSnap. Image Preview. Import Cost. Jest. Jest Snippets. Live Server. Markdown All In One. Prettier. Rainbow CSV. Template String Converter. Wakatime.
- Spotify. My main music app since 2014, I hate the podcast section inside the app but I still use it anyway. Check my playlists.
- Intellij IDEA Ultimate. Since I work as a professor, I have a license to use the Ultimate version of Intellij IDEA, and honestly, it's by far the best IDE to work with Java related technologies/frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Insomnia/Postman. I've used Postman a lot before, however, Insomnia is managing to meet all my needs lately, I can't give a specific reason for switching.
- iTerm2 w/ ZSH + Oh-my-ZSH. On top of this configuration, I'm using Powerlevel10k.
- Microsoft Edge.
Academic Stuff 👨🏻🏫
- Macbook Pro 13-inch, M1, 2020, 16GB
- LG 29UM69G Ultrawide
- iPhone 14
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Logitech MX Master 3
- Keychron K2v2
- HyperX Quadcast
Nintendo Switch. Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei V.
Other consoles on standby:
- Playstation Portable
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 4
- Nintendo 3DS
- Xbox Series S